Marlyn E. Graham was born June 22, 1929, at Osmond, NE, to Milford and Kathryn (Cassidy) Graham. He graduated from Burke High School, where he participated in football, basketball and track. He attended South Dakota State University, in Brookings, where he was on the Jackrabbit Track Team and was a member of ROTC. He graduated from the SDSU School of Pharmacy in 1952. On August 10, 1952, he married Mary Lou Schrank in Luverne, MN. He served in the US Army at Fort Lewis, WA, from 1954 until 1956, as a First Lieutenant in the Pharmacy Medical Unit. He moved to Mitchell in 1956, where he was employed at Scallin Drug. In 1958, he built Mitchell Clinic and Graham Pharmacy in Mitchell, where he was a pharmacist for over 30 years. Upon retirement, he enjoyed traveling to many tropical areas with Mary Lou and golfing with his friends. He was a member of the Corn Palace Shrine Club and the Shrine Circus committee, South Dakota Pharmacy Association, and a longtime member of the First Lutheran Church. Although Marly had many successes throughout his life, one of his most cherished accomplishments was being a part of founding a fishing camp at Keefe Lake in northern Saskatchewan. He found this to be a place where he could enjoy all of the things he loved – friends, family and the outdoors.
He is survived by two sons, Mark Graham and Tami of Mitchell, Mike Graham and wife, Cindy of Alexandria, one daughter, Marcy Jones and husband, Wayne of Mitchell; five grandchildren: Tara Turner and her husband, Trae, Katy Jones, Tyler Graham and his wife, Jennifer, Lacey Musick and her husband, Kyle and Cassidy Graham and two great-grandchildren, Payton and Charlie Musick. He was preceded in death by his wife, Mary Lou in 2005 and his parents.