Gertrude Genevieve Heronimus was born on July 9, 1912 at Ashton, IA to George and Tillie (Oltmanns) Heronimus. In 1916 she moved with her family to Corona, SD and then to George, IA in 1917. She attended country school and attended George High School from 1923 to 1928, at which time she moved to Emery. She graduated from Farmer High School in 1929. She worked for Bolin Grocery in Spencer until moving back to Emery in 1944 to care for her parents. She worked at Hanlon Hardware and Mayer Gas Company in Emery for numerous years. She worked for Larry Eilts in his Veterinary Office from 1966 to 1975 and then worked at Bob’s Café until 1986. She worked at the Eagle’s Café for a brief time. In November 2003 she moved to the Diamond Care Center. She was baptized at the First Presbyterian Church in Ashton and was a lifelong member of St. Paul’s Presbyterian Church in Emery.
She leaves to mourn many nieces, nephews, great nieces and nephews and great great nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by three brothers, Paul, Hie and Sam, and five sisters, Habie, Anna, Tillie, Berndean and Katie.
Memorials are preferred to be given to St. Paul’s Presbyterian Church.